I admit — I spent too much time in the sun this summer. On the beach, playing tennis, bike riding — who can resist? Because I am fair, I end up with new freckles and sun spots that I lament every September. I immediately amp up my vitamin C, glycolic acid, and hydration to start to fix it.
M-61 JetGlow Serum, a powerful dose of glycolic acid and peptides to smooth and firm.
La Mer's Lifting and Firming Mask that I leave on all night.
M-61 Vitablast C — the gallic acid helps brighten the skin and seems to lighten my freckles.
Laura Mercier's Radiance Primer for instant glow.
My kids are back to a routine. It's time to get my skin back to one, too!
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Monday, July 14, 2014
- Bumble and Bumble Color Minded Styling Balm. The only styling product that helps me straighten my hair post beach. Apply to wet hair and dry. $28 SHOP NOW >
- James Perse tank tops — the cotton is beyond soft and perfect post-beach.
- The Superfood Smoothies cookbook by Julie Morris.
- My new necklace from Marmol Radziner — by the LA design/build architecture firm Marmol Radziner — jewelry made out of industrial remnants.
- New shades of the Caviar Stick by Laura Mercier in Moonlight & Copper. Perfect shimmery summer colors that stay on and don't smudge, even on the most humid evenings. $26 SHOP NOW >
- GuS sparkling drinks (non-alcoholic, of course). My daughters and I tried them at Dean & DeLuca on Madison Avenue and fell in love with the Star Ruby Grapefruit and Dry Valencia Orange.
- Acqua di Parma Colonia — My longtime summer standby. This light, uplifting citrus bergamot, sweet orange and rose takes you straight to the shores of Capri. $96 SHOP NOW >
- NARS Multiple in South Beach mixed with NARS Multiple in Orgasm — the perfect sunkissed look for evening. $39 SHOP NOW >
- M-61 New Hydraboost Cream — I like to slather this on after too much sun — soothing and hydrating with healing papaya! $84 SHOP NOW >
- Making super smoothies with Navitas Naturals goldenberries and acai berries — also in some of the new M-61 products coming out. (JetGlow Serum and Cream and new products this fall!)
- My new grilling cookbook — The Japanese Grill, by Tadashi Ono & Harris Salat. My kids and husband LOVE japanese food and this brings new life to old grilling standbys.
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Timeless classics from Chanel, of course...
Monday, June 9, 2014
Ran into Bluemercury Bethesda because I was short on sunscreen for the upcoming soccer weekend. I grabbed two family favorites – Hampton Sun SPF 55 Continuous Mist Sunscreen for the arms and legs, and SkinCeuticals Sport UV Defense SPF 50 for face, shoulders, and back of hands.
I also couldn't resist the Molton Brown Caju & Lime Body Wash – a limited edition celebratory shower gel for the World Cup in Brazil. The uplifting citrus lime scent makes me want to run out and score a goal!
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
- NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna – perfect for the sunkissed look, a hint of glimmer
- Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Medium – more of a matte go-to, great for work days
- Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lotus Pink – I just pop this on top of a bronzer
- NARS Multiple in South Beach or Orgasm – South beach is a bronzey-mauve, Orgasm peachy for more fun!
Monday, May 19, 2014
- Fresh Rose Cleansing Foam and Rose Hydrating Gel Cream – a light and airy cleanser paired with a gel formula hydrating cream with a sophisticated rose scent.
- REN’s new Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser ($28) – A rich cream cleanser with a hint of rose – comes with an exfoliating cloth.
- REN Moroccan Rose Otto Bath Oil – not new, but look closely at the bottle – they personalized my very own. Great to toss into the bath or directly on legs for sleek summer hydration perfection.
- Natura Bisse's New Diamond White Matte Finish Sun Protection – great anti-aging light SPF 50 for face.
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance ($33) – For the to-die-for sunkissed look. Great alone on natural skin or as a cheek bronzer over your tinted moistuzier. ONE OF MY TOP SPRING PICKS!
- Laura Mercier Sensual Reflections Cheek Mélange – For the pinky/sunkissed look. Swipe brush over entire palette and then onto cheeks. (coming late summer!)
- NARS' new formula Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow – extremely long wear, these are my 3 favorite colors! Left to right: Dione, Callisto, Himalia. (we'll have these just in time for fall!)
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
It doesn’t get much better than this. Two gorgeous launches for Spring. Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather – the perfect father’s day gift or at least quick-pick-me-up for your favorite man. A blend of Acqua di Parma’s classic fragrance spiked with rich luscious leather – I have never seen anything like it! And who can resist Jo Malone’s new creation – Silk Blossom – fruity with a hint of apricot, floral heliotrope and a smidgen of green moss – the perfect spring evening, bare arms fragrance. Both are genius!