Monday, August 31, 2015
We are coming up on our 16th anniversary. I can’t believe how far we’ve come as a company, and I’m so grateful for those who have shared our journey from the beginning.
Kiehl’s Since 1851 has been with us for all 16 years, but their story started long before ours — over 160 years ago! — as an apothecary in New York. They use the most advanced technologies to create natural formulas that have uniquely effective results.
Here are 6 products our clients can’t get enough of:
Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado Gently moisturizes the eye area with powerful natural ingredients like avocado oil and shea butter. I love to use it for reducing under-eye puffiness after a long flight! $28.50
Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate Uses highly effective vitamin C (one of my favorites) to minimize signs of aging and protect against free radicals. Makes my skin so much smoother and brighter. $60
Ultra Facial Cream This light-textured cream has Antarticine and Desert Plant Extract that help skin store and retain moisture. My skin feels smooth, soft and healthy all day, even in the winter! $26.50
Midnight Recovery Concentrate Distilled botanicals and essential oils in this paraben-free treatment repair and regenerate skin overnight – which is when skin works to heal itself! I love products that work while I sleep. $46
Ultimate Brushless Shave Cream – White Eagle Ideal for any skin type, this shave cream uses camphor and menthol to deliver a nice cooling effect. My husband loves the fresh scent and how smooth it makes his skin. $16
Creme de Corps This rich body cream has a silky texture that leaves my skin hydrated all day. It’s been a long-time staple in my house because it’s not heavily fragranced – works for the whole family! $29.50
Friday, July 10, 2015
Last week I was completely jet lagged from our trip to Italy (more on this later) and was up at 5 am trying to figure out what to do. I decided I would run and grab coffee on my bike and then be first in line at the farmer's market in Margate, NJ for fresh blueberries, just-picked zucchini blossoms, and luscious Garden State green beans.
I grabbed Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Cream SPF 30 ($62), slathered it on and was out the door – nothing else. My skin was hydrated, radiant and, most importantly, protected. It has jasmonic acid and is packed with sodium hyaluronate. The perfect 5am farmers market SPF. Thank you Kiehl’s!
Monday, June 8, 2015
Last Sunday was packed with outdoor activities including attending a soccer game for each daughter and a two hour tennis match (my own). I had ten minutes after my tennis match - which took place in 90 degree weather - to shower change and get to a BBQ at my best friend's house.
My skin felt great from the workout and the Washington, D.C. humidity, so I didn't really want to cover it up. I felt like changing up my routine, so I went through my drawers looking for products that were light and illuminating. Here is what I used:
1. All Over Face Base. Natura Bissè The Cure Sheer Oil-Free Fluid SPF 20 ($180). Sheer, light and illuminating, this made my skin glow instantly and felt feathery light.
2. Under-eye Luminosity. Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift ($38). Normally I use to cover dark circles but no need to that day. Draws light under the eye.
3. Sunkissed cheeks. NARS Illuminator ($30)in Orgasm – a hint of creamy sheer color for the cheeks.
4. Barbie pink lips. I couldn't resist the true girly pink lip. Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Lip and Cheek Color ($30) in Perfect Rose (I own 3!) with NARS Lip Gloss in Angelika ($26) over. Hard to do any other time of year.
I must say - I loved the way my skin felt. This will definitely be my summertime casual BBQ face!
Thursday, May 21, 2015
My friends are always stopping me and asking me what my favorite SPFs are. We all know we have to use them – but not everyone loves applying! Here are my favorites:
SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 ($34). This is my go-to on the weekends. Outstanding coverage plus the slight tint evens out my skin tone. I put it on pre-morning walk for coffee, pre-soccer games, pre-tennis match.
SkinCeuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 ($64). They turn their nose up at everything else! Easy for them to apply and they like it for face and arms.
Hampton Sun SPF 55 Continuous Mist Sunscreen ($32) every summer. He covers his arms, legs, and back in it. Golf and Beach!
New & Notable
La Roche Posay Anthelios AOX Daily Antioxidant Serum ($42.50) with sunscreen – dreamy texture, hydrating and great under makeup. And SPF 50 protection!
La Mer The Reparative Skintint Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($95) – La Mer Miracle Broth with SPF? Does it get better than this?
Morrocanoil SPF 50 Sun Lotion (coming soon to bluemercury.com!) – my new go-to for body. Smells heavenly, super hydrating and SPF 50!
SkinCeuticals Physical Matte UV Defense SPF 50 ($34) – if you are oily or have any breakouts – this one is made for you!!!! A beautiful matte sunblock.
Monday, May 18, 2015
Friday, May 8, 2015
These items are flying off our shelves in store right now. And it is no wonder why - our genius clients and our expert staff can pick out a great product a mile away!
- Bumble and bumble Surf Infusion ($29)
- Oribe Bright Blonde Shampoo for Beautiful Color ($44)
- Laura Mercier Extra Lash Sculpting Mascara in Black Onyx ($25)
- Trish McEvoy Brush 76 Perfect Foundation ($50)
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation in Rose Ivory ($48)
- M-61 SuperSoothe E Lip Balm in Pomegranate ($9)
- Fresh Sugar Nude Lip Treatment ($22.50)
- NARS Tahiti Bronzing Powder ($59)
- St. Tropez Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse ($44)
- Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Long-Wear Brow Pencil in Mahogany, Rich Brown, and Blonde ($42)
Friday, May 1, 2015
What do you get when you cross the genius of NARS with the creativity of Christopher Kane? One of the best makeup collections ever.