Monday, June 8, 2015
Last Sunday was packed with outdoor activities including attending a soccer game for each daughter and a two hour tennis match (my own). I had ten minutes after my tennis match - which took place in 90 degree weather - to shower change and get to a BBQ at my best friend's house.
My skin felt great from the workout and the Washington, D.C. humidity, so I didn't really want to cover it up. I felt like changing up my routine, so I went through my drawers looking for products that were light and illuminating. Here is what I used:
1. All Over Face Base. Natura Bissè The Cure Sheer Oil-Free Fluid SPF 20 ($180). Sheer, light and illuminating, this made my skin glow instantly and felt feathery light.
2. Under-eye Luminosity. Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift ($38). Normally I use to cover dark circles but no need to that day. Draws light under the eye.
3. Sunkissed cheeks. NARS Illuminator ($30)in Orgasm – a hint of creamy sheer color for the cheeks.
4. Barbie pink lips. I couldn't resist the true girly pink lip. Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Lip and Cheek Color ($30) in Perfect Rose (I own 3!) with NARS Lip Gloss in Angelika ($26) over. Hard to do any other time of year.
I must say - I loved the way my skin felt. This will definitely be my summertime casual BBQ face!
Thursday, May 21, 2015
My friends are always stopping me and asking me what my favorite SPFs are. We all know we have to use them – but not everyone loves applying! Here are my favorites:
SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 ($34). This is my go-to on the weekends. Outstanding coverage plus the slight tint evens out my skin tone. I put it on pre-morning walk for coffee, pre-soccer games, pre-tennis match.
SkinCeuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 ($64). They turn their nose up at everything else! Easy for them to apply and they like it for face and arms.
Hampton Sun SPF 55 Continuous Mist Sunscreen ($32) every summer. He covers his arms, legs, and back in it. Golf and Beach!
New & Notable
La Roche Posay Anthelios AOX Daily Antioxidant Serum ($42.50) with sunscreen – dreamy texture, hydrating and great under makeup. And SPF 50 protection!
La Mer The Reparative Skintint Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($95) – La Mer Miracle Broth with SPF? Does it get better than this?
Morrocanoil SPF 50 Sun Lotion (coming soon to bluemercury.com!) – my new go-to for body. Smells heavenly, super hydrating and SPF 50!
SkinCeuticals Physical Matte UV Defense SPF 50 ($34) – if you are oily or have any breakouts – this one is made for you!!!! A beautiful matte sunblock.
Monday, May 18, 2015
Friday, May 8, 2015
These items are flying off our shelves in store right now. And it is no wonder why - our genius clients and our expert staff can pick out a great product a mile away!
- Bumble and bumble Surf Infusion ($29)
- Oribe Bright Blonde Shampoo for Beautiful Color ($44)
- Laura Mercier Extra Lash Sculpting Mascara in Black Onyx ($25)
- Trish McEvoy Brush 76 Perfect Foundation ($50)
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation in Rose Ivory ($48)
- M-61 SuperSoothe E Lip Balm in Pomegranate ($9)
- Fresh Sugar Nude Lip Treatment ($22.50)
- NARS Tahiti Bronzing Powder ($59)
- St. Tropez Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse ($44)
- Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Long-Wear Brow Pencil in Mahogany, Rich Brown, and Blonde ($42)
Friday, May 1, 2015
What do you get when you cross the genius of NARS with the creativity of Christopher Kane? One of the best makeup collections ever.
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials ($26) in Bare all over the lid.
Trish McEvoy 24-Hour Shadow and Liner ($64) in Smokey Quartz on lid and crease, and lightly swept along the lower lash line.
Trish McEvoy Eye Brightener Pencil ($22) in Shell, lightly swept under brow.
NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner ($24) in Bourbon Street, lined across top lash line.
Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Long-Wear Brow Pencil ($42) in Wheat or Blonde.
NARS Dual Intensity Blush ($45) in Adoration - pop the brighter shade on the apple of the cheek and the lighter shade to highlight or mix together for a softer look.
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Yes, masks are back. The truth is, they’ve been back for a while, but I have been slowly re-incorporating them into my routine. I use them for the emergency-I-have-no-idea what to do situations!
When my skin is excessively dry from a plane trip – I use La Mer The Intensive Revitalizing Mask (an 8 minute plumper) ($160).
When my skin is disgusting and dirty, I love Darphin’s SKIN MAT Purifying Aromatic Clay Mask ($50) or Kiehls Since 1851 Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque ($23).
When I’m having a bad day – I love Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque ($49) (we have carried this one forever – this is a stealth secret of the Bluemercury Georgetown team).
Two new and notable and GORGEOUS masks that have hit my desk – Tammy Fender Restorative Radiance Masque ($235) and her Purifying Luculent Masque ($215). The first – the Restorative Radiance Masque – is a heavenly pink color and is packed with healing ingredients – lotus, baobab, white hibiscus, jasmine, rose and chamomile. This is for hydration and plumping. The second – the Purifying Luculent Masque – is a deep cleansing wonder, with Burdock, Fo-Ti Clay, Aloe, Lavender and Rosemary.
The truth is, I could just sit and smell both of these masks – the scent is to die for. Tammy Fender is an esthetician from Palm Beach and makes THE most natural formulas I have ever seen. If you are a purist, Tammy Fender is perfect.
I find masking to be a luxury – but just a little one!